Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So more reading. More researching. More buying and more returning later. I think I finally can say I have a plan thay I am fully confident about. T starts Pre-K officially on the 30th of August and I have been organizing, filing my pants off for the last few weeks. So without further ado the plan

Pre-k
phonics/reading - Sing spell read and write + 100 EZ lessons + McGuffey readers
Math - Math-U-See Primer + Singapore Math Essential math B
LA - First language lessons 1
Science - a fun mix of kits from Thames and Kosmos little labs + fun science readers
History + - Sonlight core P 4/5 with readers 1
adding in lots of fun art projects and a bunch of new computer games for fun time
Handwriting - HWOT pre-k
Spelling - spelling workout A

Kindy
Phonics/reading - will go into HOP master reader program
Math - Math-U-See Alpha + SM 1A + IP 1A + Rightstart math games and activities for the alabacus
LA - First language lessons 2
Science - Sonlight K
History + - Sonlight core K with readers 2 regular
Writing - Write source K
handwriting - hand writing without tears K
Spelling - spelling workout B
Lots more arts and crafty things and more trips to the museums

Starting in 1st we'll add in
Growing with grammar
Writeshop primary - (love this program to pieces!)
History Odyssey - supplementing with sonlight readers and read alouds
R.E.A.L science odyssey
History portfolio
singapore math's challenging word problems and intensive practice
Song School Latin
Rosetta Stone Japanese
Spelling power


I have thumbed through all the books and feel confident that this is the perfect mix for us! It feels so good to be ready to go and not constantly second guessing the choices and wondering if there will be gaps or problems!!!! I also tweaked the workboxes and adding in a filing system ala the well trained mind forums but those will be another post once I get my computer to recognize my SD card :op

1 comments:

Working Through said...

Your plan sounds wonderful !! Very similiar to what we are doing in many ways. Congrats for getting it all worked out !

Post a Comment