Sunday, August 14, 2011

We just completed our second full week of kindy with T and boy did we have fun!  I also completely rearranged the schoolroom again so there will be new pics coming!

I did end up doing some last minute changes into the second week as I saw how things worked.  Our lineup for this year is:

Math:     Math in Focus - yep I switched from singapore math!  This is still a singapore math approach but the TM in my opinion is better especially for me who is not as mathy and has a lot of kids running around during school.  T seems to like the layout better too and that for me is enough.  We had used MIF K level after SM essential math last year and he learned so much from it!

Reading:      Saxon phonics.  I will be writing up my review of this amazing program soon!  This was it, the best fit for us and the one program that helped T get it and enjoy it!!

Art:     We are switching from artistic pursuits to Atelier.  It hasn't come yet but I am excited!  T was just not diggin the artistic pursuits.  He likes art but he is very intimidated by it as well, so I hope seeing the kids in the video will help him.

History:  Mama made prehistory study

Science:   Nancy Larson!!!  OMG I should be a spokeswoman!  I LOVE this curriculum.  T loves this curriculum too.  It is fun, engaging and written so anyone can use it! 

Handwriting:   We switched from HWOT to Zaner-bloser and are much happier now!!  The HWOT paper confused the heck out of T and made it very frustrating for us.

Music:    Piano with children's music journey.  This is an awesome and engaging program that uses our USB electric piano to hook up to the computer with lessons, games and all kind of kid friendly fun.

Language:   We are doing Japanese.  Using a mix of rosetta stone, little pim and some other resources to make it fun!  We also have a ton of miyazaki movies that we watch in japanese.  I will catch T repeating the lines in the movies which is awesome!


0 comments:

Post a Comment